What is the Provincial Youth Board?
Synod Journal 2019 – Page 44
The Provincial Youth Board (P.Y.B) is a body elected by the Synod to:
– To plan, execute and give oversight to major provincial youth activities.
– To give oversight to the development and general programmes of the Youth Fellowships.
– Be an advisory to P.E.C. on youth matters.
– To give oversight to the portfolio responsibilities of our youth coordinators/directors.
– To disseminate information on youth activities.
Composition of the Provincial Youth Board
Synod Journal 2019 – Page 18
Whereas the Provincial Youth Board have been established by the Moravian Church in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands to provide planning and oversight of the affairs of the Youth of the Province;
Be it resolved that the members of the Provincial Youth Board shall be appointed from the following categories:
i) District Youth Coordinators
ii) Provincial Youth Representatives – Six members,
including one member from Covenant Cayman, between the ages of 18-35 years old who have been communicant members of Moravian congregations for no less than three (3) years. A proposal listing the six members be recommended in the report of the Youth Board to Synod to be ratified during the naming of the Inter Synodal committees on the last day of Synod.
iii) A member of the DEMY staff selected by the DEMY Board .
iv) A member of the PEC, named by the PEC.
v) No more than 2 members co-opted by the Provincial Youth Board as advisors to the Board.
And be it further resolved that the Provincial Youth Board shall elect its officers at the first meeting of the Board and that the first meeting shall be convened by the PEC nominee to the Board.