By now many of you would have heard that Jamaica confirmed the first case of COVID-19 in Kingston today. This is a female patient who travelled from the UK, who arrived in the island on March 04.
I urge us to take every precautionary measure to aid in the prevention and control of the spread of the virus. These include:
1. Maintain a distance of at least one metre from persons who are coughing or sneezing
2. Frequently wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or use a hand sanitizer
3. Cover our mouths and noses with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, and then throw the tissue away
4. Resist touching our faces
5. Stay away from public spaces and gatherings, as much as is possible
6. Do not engage in non-essential travels
Those with underlying health challenges are particularly urged to exercise care.
As a Church family, let us:
a. Take the necessary actions to help in the control of the virus
b. Look out for and check on each other, especially those who we know have health challenges
c. Pray for the patient, family, community and indeed all of us, that we will be spared from any deaths, and that the worldwide spread and deaths will be curtailed